Alaska Bureau of Highway Patrol
The Alaska State Troopers, Alaska Bureau of Highway Patrol (ABHP) has an emphasis on impaired driving enforcement and is responsible for coordinating and/or conducting additional traffic law enforcement on a statewide basis. In addition, ABHP is responsible for the investigation of fatal and major incapacitating injury collisions statewide and for responding to enforcement and investigative requests by other agencies.
Most team members are Alaska State Troopers. Some of the team members are officers with local police departments as well as personnel from the D.O.T. Commercial Vehicles Enforcement section. ABHP traffic teams deploy from Fairbanks, Mat-Su West, Soldotna and Girdwood.
- Traffic safety
- Impaired driver enforcement
- Aggressive driving and speeding enforcement
- Youth driver education and enforcement
- Occupant protection enforcement
- Remote highway patrol for vehicles in distress
- Public education
- Enforcement of state traffic laws and regulations
- Enforcement of all state laws and regulations during traffic enforcement patrols
- Review and update of Title 13 regulations.
Zero deaths. Everyone counts.